Find below a random list
of things to do when on holiday in Gozo. Gozo’s small size
is an advantage as most sites are relatively close by. Different
things apply to different people, tastes and lifestyles so not all
of the things listed might apply to everyone. Nonetheless, try and
enrich your holiday by pursuing some of the items on the list!
1. Go to a village festa
and mingle with locals.
2. Organise a ‘fenkata’ (eat rabbit), at a local restaurant.
3. Wander the streets of Victoria
4. Have coffee at Cordina café in Victoria
on a Sunday morning.
5. Try the maltese pastizzi, either filled with ricotta or peas.
6. Go diving.
7. Go on a harbour cruise.
These mostly start from Xlendi / Marsalforn.
8. Go to Ta’Cenc cliffs, limits of Sannat.
9. Drink and dance at a disco, where all the nightlife
10. Visit the Azur Window in Dwejra.
11. Rent a mountain
bike and cycle around Gozo.
12. Rent a car and explore.
13. Eat ‘bebbux’ (snails).
14. Ride the traditional malta bus.
15. Buy some ‘Gozo Glass’.
16. Go on a ‘karozzin’ (horse drawn carriage).
17. Get a boat to the Blue Lagoon in Comino
18. Go to the Citadel in Gozo .
19. Go to the open air market in Victoria
(early morning on Saturday).
20. Rent a farmhouse
21. Visit the Museum
22. Soak up the sun at Ramla Bay
23. Get married in Gozo!
24. Watch a movie at the Citadel Cinema in Victoria.
25. Try a bottle of Maltese wine.
26. Drive to the Salt pans in Qbajjar.
in the Nadur war shelter.
28. Go parakiting from one of the sandy beaches
and get a birds eye view of Malta & Gozo!
29. Eat at a restaurant
at Marsalforn Bay
30. Visit the shrine of Ta' Pinu in Gozo
31. Rent a jet-ski and enjoy the warm blue sea.
32. Buy Maltese bread from a village bakery.
33. Try Maltese sausage and buy it from a village butcher.
34. Try Gozo cheese.
35. Eat by the waters edge at Xlendi
bay in Gozo.
36. Explore the town of Rabat.
37. Read the ‘Times of Malta’ newspaper daily.
38. Eat ‘lampuki’ in summer, (local fish).
39. Charter a yacht and sail
round the island.
40. Go to Comino by luzzo (maltese
41. Organize a day trip by catamaran to Sicily from Malta.
42. Get the ferry
to Malta for a day
43. Have a pint of Cisk – Malta’s local beer.
44. Try Kinnie, a bitter-sweet maltese soft-drink
45. Try a packet of Twistees (local packet snack)
46. Try ‘Mqaret’ a date filled pastries
47. Try Hobz biz-Zejt, maltese bread with tomato paste.
48. Attend the Nadur carnival
in Gozo in February.
49. Go back to the past Ggantija temples
50. Drive to Ta’ Kola windmill in Xaghra.
51. Go to a summer party at La Grotta nightclub
52. Go to Mgarr Ix-Xini
53. Try gozitan cakes and sweets.
54. Try your luck at ‘Super 5’ a weekly lotto game every
55. Run the Malta Marathon in February.